The Arkansas River Valley - There's No Better Place to Race
The RussVegas Sprint Triathlon, in Russellville, AR, is another great race put on by The RussVegas Footraces Foundation, who also brings you the RussVegas Half Marathon. Expect the same organization, support, and fun all aimed to benefit Arkansas Children's Hospital and the River Valley Circle of Friends. The RussVegas Triathlon promises to be unique with a 1pm start time, the Arkansas vs South Carolina game showing on a 25' screen at the finish line, a park lined with tailgaters, live music and so much more! A 500 yard swim, 15 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run is just the race, but doing it RussVegas style makes it an event. We can not wait for you to experience it all.
Racers should come prepared for a smooth, no turn, spectator friendly swim. Followed by a rolling bike ride with a long descent to get your legs ready for a PR fast run full of crowds, shade, and no hills! After the race, bring your grill, drinks, and friends so you can kick up your feet to watch the Arkansas football game while the kids play in our amazing kids zone. Everybody says it but we really mean it -- the RussVegas Sprint Triathlon will be fun for the whole family!
Join us before and after the Triathlon to Tailgate!
In conjunction with the triathlon, we'll also be hosting a community wide RussVegas Tailgating event, complete with a Kids Zone, Dragon Boat Races, Corporate Games, Baggo, live entertainment and the Razorback game on the big screen!
Directions: The start and finish of the race take place adjacent to Russellville’s disc golf course and slalom ski recreation area on Lake Dardanelle. Parking for the race will be on the disc course on Vegas Road. To get there, take I40 to Exit 81 (approximately an hour east of Fort Smith or an hour west of Little Rock). Go north off the exit onto Hwy 7 and proceed approximately ¼ mile and then take a left hand turn on Pleasant View Rd. The transition and starting location will soon be on right. Proceed past the transition area and take a right onto Linker Lane and the entrance to the parking lot (Vegas Road) will be on the right side a few hundred yards after turning right on Linker Lane.
Individual Participants (field of 200): Entry Fee $70 prior to August 15th, $85 after, and $100 on race day.
3-Person Relay Participants (field of 20): Entry Fee $120 per team prior to July 31st, $140 after, and $150 on race day.
REFUND POLICY: RussVegas Triathlon offers no refunds on any race registration. We will however defer any triathlon race registrations until the following calendar year.
Feltner's Athletes Corner in Russellville located at 2320 W Main St. on Friday, October 6th from 1:00 to 5:00pm.
Kids Tri packets will NOT be available for pickup at this location. They can be picked up beginning at 4:00 at the Russellville Aquatic Center on October 6th.
Race day packet pickup is available beginning at 11:00am at the info tent.
USAT one day passes will be available for purchase at packet pickup.
You may also register (if not sold out) and pickup your packet on race day at the race venue!
The park is located off Exit 81, take Highway 7 north towards Dover. Turn left on Pleasant View Rd (look for a big red barn on the left), then right after approximately 1 mile on Linker Ln.
Volunteers will be waiting to lead you to a parking spot.
- This is a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event. All competitors are required to have a current USAT license or purchase a one-day event pass in order to compete. Adults are one-day ($15) or annual ($50), youth ages 17 and under are required to have an annual license ($10).
- On race day the Lake Dardanelle Recreation area opens at 6:00am and transition will open at 11:00 am.
- There is no charge to enter on race day.
- Pets MAY be allowed in the park
- The first heat will start at 1:00pm sharp!
- Sprint cutoff times per person, per event: Swim – thirty minutes; Bike – 2 hours
- No more than 100 competitors per wave.
- Wet suits will be allowed according to USAT rules.
- All USA Triathlon rules are in effect. See link for complete USAT rules. <USAT website>
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- The age group of a participant will be determined by age on Dec. 31 of the event year, not by age on race day.
- Must be ten years of age - NO EXCEPTIONS!
Awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each male and female age category, except Masters. The top-three overall male and female finishers will receive separate awards.
- Juniors (Male & Female): 10-14, 15-19
- Adults (Male & Female): Five-year increments per USAT rules
- Masters 40-49 (Male and Female): First-place only
- Grand Masters 50-59 (Male and Female): First-place only
Event Location - located at Pleasant View Park, one of the many fine recreational areas located on and around Lake Dardanelle.
Swim Course - (500 yards) The swim will be the most spectator friendly swim course that you will find. After entering the water in a wave swim start you will swim horizontally along the bank to the exit point where your friends and family can watch/track you throughout your entire swim! Additionally, with no turns or curves, you will only have the exit buoy to worry about sighting throughout your swim! Map of swim course.
Transition - We will have a single transition area, only a short run from the swim exit, with plenty of space to maneuver and bike racks which give you ample room for gear, transitions, etc... Map of transition area.
Bike Course - (15 miles) 2017 route info now available! Map of bike course.
Run Course - (3.1 Miles) The run course is a very flat and fast single loop modified out and back course with plenty of shade! You will exit transition, still in the park, where you will be easily visible to friends and family as you head out on this flat course. After exiting the park you will be running on a wide paved trail that has many views of the infamous Lake Dardanelle Strip Pit area! Map of run course.
The RussVegas Triathlon is committed to being environmentally and socially sustainable.
- Recycling and composting in transition, at the swim start, on the course and at the finish festival
- Sourcing local food and beverages
- Minimizing our carbon and water footprints
- Donating unused food to charity
- Reusing signage and other materials
- Recycling race bibs and swim caps
- Supporting local charities
We encourage participants to help by:
- Carpooling or using public transportation to get to and from the race
- Using your own hydration system on the run to minimize paper cup waste and conserve water
- Using the recycling, compost and landfill bins provided
- Supporting our charities
The race is committed to respecting and including athletes and volunteers of all ability, and not discrimination on the basis of age, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, race or religion. If you have comments or suggestions for how we can strengthen our commitment to sustainability and equity, please email us.